Full time role.
Central Woking based.
Travel to Chichester office may be required.
Salary generous depending on abilities.
Springhouse is an exciting and dynamic employment law firm currently with 6 offices across Surrey, Hampshire and West Sussex. We well ambitious and well-defined growth plans.
We are looking for a Bookkeeper with the experience and drive to help this happen.
About the Candidate
You will be qualified at AABQB level or equivalent with and a confident ‘can-do’ person with strong interpersonal skills and collaborative working style.
You’ll have excellent attention to detail and be methodical and organised. Advanced office skills are important as well as speedy accurate typing and you’ll have a great telephone manner.
It is important that you understand how a professional environment works and it would help if you have an interest in the legal sector.
About the Job
Working alongside the Managing Partner and Practice Manager, your responsibilities will be exciting and wide ranging, and will include:
- Raising invoices
- Posting invoices
- Sending invoices
- Chasing invoices / credit control
- Enforcement agencies – liaising with when debtors not paid
- Running purchase ledger and payments
- Nominal postings
- Client monies – monitoring
- Bankline authorisations
- Monthly SRA compliance report
- Assisting with setting budgets and monitoring them
- Reporting Management Information and agreed KPIs
- Taking payments
- New billing system – implementation
Supporting the business generally including, when required:
- Taking client enquiries and making appointments
- Setting up clients on the system
- Archiving clients once ledgers are clear
This role can offer an immediate start, so if you are looking to further your career in a modern forward-thinking legal environment, please get in touch.