The government has confirmed that it will increase the qualifying period for unfair dismissal claims from one year to two years, as well as introduce fees for lodging claims in the employment tribunal.
The employment law grapevine is suggesting the following fees will apply:
- Upfront fee of £250 when lodging ET1
- Further fee of £1,000 payable by Claimant when the hearing is listed
- Higher fees if the claim is for over £30,000
- Fee to be refunded if Claimant wins, and forfeited if they lose
- Fees to be waived for those with no money