The key changes to employment law that came into force in April 2015.
5 April 2015
- Shared Parental Leave – 52 weeks’ leave and 39 weeks’ statutory pay to be shared between parents of children due to be born or placed for adoption after this date. Read our guide.
- Adopters – better rights for employees come into play on this date, including adoption leave rights from day 1, rights for couples to attend adoption appointments, better statutory pay, and the extension of rights to overseas adopters and some foster parents.
- Parental leave – unpaid leave available up to child’s eighteenth birthday (this used to be the fifth birthday).
6 April 2015
- National Minimum Wage – new streamlining legislation comes into force.
- Self-employment – Finance Act 2015 comes into force, cracking down on bogus self-employment through service companies.